Thursday, November 21, 2013

How Small Can You Post?

Location: Rio de Janeiro

Hey, long time no post. As you can see, I am in Rio de Janeiro now! Once again I don't have time for one of my nice long detailed posts, but I thought it might be better to post something small rather than the continual nothing at all.

I do have a few bits of news though: firstly, it was announced at our last logistical preport that we will be making a surprise stop in the Bahamas! As in, we'll get to actually get off the ship in the Bahamas! Initially the ship was just stopping there for a while to refuel while we all sit around gaze longingly at the shore (we did that at the Canary Islands after Morocco and Namibia before South Africa) but the staff on the ship have been advocating our case back to ISE headquarters back in Virginia for a while now, and they finally gave us the go ahead! Yes, the entire ship is very excited. I believe we're going to be there only one day, but I'm not sure exactly when (sometime in the four days after Cub and before Fort Lauderdale.) Anyone have suggestions for what I should do there?

Anyhow, second bit of news: I am leaving tomorrow morning for one of my most anticipated excursions of SAS––the Amazon rainforest! I will be traveling via riverboat (equipped with hammocks for us to sleep in) up the Rio Negro and into the Amazon River for the next four days, so I should have some awesome pictures for you after that! As it is here are a few pictures from Argentina and my two days in Rio to tide you over. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Janice said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OH LINDSEY!! So excited to get a post. Rio? Already? Gorgeous photos with the short post. You must be in heaven preparing for the amazon and I know you will capture much thru your lens. Yes, the Bahamas are my second home so when you identify a port of call I will make way too many suggestions
Besos mi Amiga
Janice

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey Lindsey, I'm so relieved to read your post again, Your dad & I really missed you so much, we may not be with you in physically but you're always in our prayers. The photos you posted are so wonderful, glad to see you on one of the photos taken, glad to see you're doing fine. We'll always be waiting for more of your post.. always take good care of yourself, God bless U!

pure plum said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lindsey, Muchísimas gracias por la tarjeta postal. I love knowing that you are traveling the world and having such great adventures. What an amazing experience. I wonder if sometime when you're back you'd be wiling to speak (and show photos!) to any of my English or Spanish classes about Semester at Sea. I think it would be really neat for the students to see the world through your eyes, and maybe even be inspired to see the world themselves. I will check in with your blog from time to time to see your amazing photos. Happy Thanksgiving from Oakridge!
Karen (Profe) Batten
pureplum@gmail.com