Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Happy 50th, Semester at Sea!

Location: Walvis Bay, Namibia

Hey everyone! It's me again! Well, a lot has happened since my last post about Lisbon, Portugal. I have been to Spain, Morocco, Ghana, and in a few days will be arriving in Cape Town, South Africa. At the moment the ship is stopped in Namibia refueling, which pretty much just means that we can look out the windows and see city rather than ocean, but we aren't allowed to disembark, so nothing much to report there.

I'm going to change pace a bit; since I would like to no longer be behind in my blog, I am officially putting Spain and Morocco's stories under the "Stuff to ask Lindsey about when she's back in the States" category. Someday I will probably post something, but until then you will simply have to enjoy the pictures and wonder what I've been up to! I will however get around to posting about my four days Ghana very soon (maybe even tonight!) and I'm sure I will be able to find time during the 12-day crossing across the Atlantic Ocean from Cape Town to Buenos Aires, Argentina to post about South Africa, so hopefully there won't be such large gaps in my posts any more!

Also, for those of you who keep track, I am back to being 9 hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time.

Anyhow, yesterday was the official 50th anniversary of Semester at Sea, so tonight they will be telling stories about the voyages and giving out cake on deck 5, so I'm going to head up there and try to get myself a spot and a slice!

No comments: