Sunday, August 11, 2013

The visas are in, the luggage is packed, and I have hit the road!

Location: Seattle, Washington

The official first entry in my blog is coming from Seattle. Barb and Vi have been kind enough to let us spend the night with them so Jazlin and I can head out bright and early tomorrow to get on a series of flights which will culminate in our arrival in London, England! We'll backpack around England (and a smidgeon of Wales) staying in hostels and B&Bs until I board the MV Explorer on the 24th in Southampton and officially begin Semester at Sea.

I'm feeling pretty well for someone who was up until 4am engaging in a mad last-second packing frenzy. Patti let me borrow her backpack (isn't it lovely?) and thanks to my awesome aunt I have these beautiful blue suitcases which I finally get to take on a trip! (Aunt Shirley, If you're reading this, thanks so much!) 


Jazlin wants me to include a small quibble in regards to the prevalence of summer road construction and its subtle yet  unwavering quest to sabotage the navigation plans of travelers everywhere. Most specifically ours. I think she is being silly, and that the slight inconvenience has been greatly ameliorated by the entertainment value I derived from trying to integrate as much superfluous and unnecessary language as possible into the relatively small and innocuous paragraph describing said phenomenon.... You know, I think I may have been more effected by my lack of sleep than I previously let on. I find it likely that this paragraph will be deleted in the near future, so bask in its absurdity while you have the chance.

Fun factoid of the day: I fit inside my largest suitcase. Seriously. Watch the movie below if you do not believe me. Don't ask what prompted me to see if this worked. My indignant exclamation about the stubbornness of the filmmaker is in regards to how much time I spent crammed in the suitcase before she figured out what exactly I meant for her to film. Love you mom.


Don't forget to comment! It lets me know I'm not just talking to myself :)

4 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Allons-y! XD

grandparents said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Lindsey,
This is the second try and with your mom's help it may get thru this time.
Grandma and I read your original blog and appreciate the effort you went to to get it out when your were so tired and dealing with the trauma of today's airline protocol. The house roof is coming along and one side should be covered by tomorrow. We love you and say hi to Jazlin for us. Grandpa and Grandma

Claudia said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hahaha!!! I loved the movie. Did you seriously allow your mom to zip you up into a luggage?! Wow, you are trusting (or perhaps not so much anymore). ;)

I'm looking forward to following your travels via the blog! I'll show the movie to the kids tomorrow... this will be my lesson on "think before you act". JK!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

HAha! Way to go, El! That video was worth it.
I hope you two are feeling fantastic and convince each other to be wild and social and to get to know some British humans. Avoid the drunkards and kiss the doctor, I'll leave some more comments in a bit.